Meet our Member of the Month Ashley S. She has been a member at OBF since December 2014. She has not only lost weight and inches, but has gained tremendous amounts of strength. She is very hard working and dedicated, and is in the gym monday through friday every week and doing both classes. We are very happy to have her as a member and part of our Fitfam here at OBF. Check out her interview and how she’s used fitness to change her lifestyle.
How did you become a member at Optimum Body Fitness?
- When I worked at my previous elementary school, I met another member of the gym. We spoke one day about how I attended a different gym at the time and she suggested I come try out OBF. At first I was hesitant, only because it was a new place and I wasn’t sure if I would like it. I went a few weeks later and loved it! I even remember starting strength and conditioning the next day and haven’t looked back since.
What are your goals at Optimum Body Fitness?
- I’m constantly striving to up my endurance and to get stronger. I also focus on getting better at things I’m “bad at.” Just like anyone else, I have those exercises and lifts that aren’t my favorite and I have to work harder at to see progress and results.
How is Optimum Body Fitness different from other gyms?
- OBF is different from other gyms in that it has high energy classes filled with exercises that target specific areas of the body. You are able to come do either a shorter boot camp class, a longer strength and conditioning class, or both and burn calories, while at the same time building strength. OBF helps you to focus on your specific goals in a shorter time span instead of wasting hours at a traditional gym.
What do you love at Optimum Body Fitness?
- What I love most about OBF is no matter what type of day I’m having at school, after I finish a workout and see my fitfam, my day is instantly better. I look forward to seeing people who motivate me and want to see me succeed day in and day out. When you have that, it makes the working out part just a little bit easier.
What would you say to people considering trying out Optimum Body Fitness?
- I would tell anyone to definitely try it! The classes may look intimidating at first (I’ve heard this so many times,) but they really aren’t. The trainers help you modify exercises and won’t push you beyond what they think you can’t do. Before you know it, you’ll be doing things you never thought you could do. I used to be terrified, yes TERRIFIED to lift a barbell. And now, I lift weights 5-6 times a week; something I look forward to everyday!